Iceland Backyard Ultra Heiðmörk
Everyone can take part in the Bakgarðshlaup. You only need to trust yourself to go 6.7 km in one hour. How often you do that depends on you!
Iceland Backyard Ultra
The Iceland Backyard Ultra (Bakgarður Náttúruhlaupa) will take place September 17th 2022. The Iceland Backyard Ultra follows the conventional rules of Backyard Ultras: (http://backyardultra.com/rules/). A new loop of 6.7 km starts every hour on the hour. It's crucial that all who intend to continue with the next loop are at the starting line when the final bell rings. The participant that runs most loops and finishes the last loop by himself, is the winner. Everybody else gets a DNF!
This race is not about speed. The emphasis is on enjoying the nature and the company. There will be a unique atmosphere after each loop. The last person to leave the party wins 😀
Backyards are a special kind of ultra runs where participants need to finish running 6706 meters (4,167 miles) within the hour. Each loop starts at the hour and after the runners finish a loop they can use the remaining time to rest and prepare for the next loop. The winner is the last person to complete a loop. If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner. The total distance for a runner that finishes 24 loops (24 hours) is 100 miles (160.8 km).
Terms of payment
Full price: 12.900 kr.
Náttúruhlaup does not refund the registration fee. Name changes are allowed until September 5.
The age limit for the race is 18 years (16-17 years with a guardian).
See more general rules in backyard races: http://backyardultra.com/rules/. http://backyardultra.com/rules/.
Competitors will receive detailed information about the arrangements and rules by e-mail.
Arrangements and rules can be based on the current Covid-19 meeting restrictions on race day.
- - Running bib and time registration - Aid station with plenty of food as long as someone is still in the race - Participant medal Rewards for all who finish 4 loops or more.
- Refreshments at the drinking station all the time.
- Hot meals every 4 hours while you are still in the race.
- Refreshments for assistants of competitors who are still in the competition after 18:00.
- Participation recognition
- There will be a good drinking station and facilities for runners in the Mjölnisheimili. Emphasis will be placed on a fun and lively setting throughout the day. The staff and volunteers of Náttúrhlaup will be available to participants during the rest period.
Race Route from Skógar to Volcano HUTS
Participation-/DNF recognition for all participants. The person who completes the Backyard Race will receive an impressive prize and recognition.
There will be a drinking station and facilities for runners at Elliðavatnsbær. Emphasis will be placed on a fun and lively setting throughout the day. The staff and volunteers of Náttúrhlaup will be available all day for participants during the rest period.
Registration closes at midnight on September 1, assuming the race is not full. Registration fees will not be refunded, but name changes can be made.
- Full price: ISK 12.900
- Náttúruhlaup's annual subscribers receive a 10% discount
What is included?
- Running bib and time registration
- Aid station with plenty of food as long as someone is still in the race.
- Participant medal Rewards for all who finish 4 loops or more.