Iceland Backyard Ultra Heiðmörk
Everyone can take part in the Bakgarðshlaup. You only need to trust yourself to go 6.7 km in one hour. How often you do that depends on you!
Iceland Backyard Ultra
Will be held for the fifth time on Saturday, September 21, 2024. Registration opens this spring. The race will be a traditional backyard run and will follow a specific set up and rules (https://backyardultra.com/rules/). The race will be a 6.7km loop every hour. The one who runs the most laps is the only one who finishes the race and emerges as the winner. To complete the race, the person must complete the last lap alone. All laps will be started at full time and it is important to get on the grid in time for each lap.https://backyardultra.com/rules/). Hlaupin verður 6,7km hringur á hverjum klukkutíma. Sá sem hleypur flesta hringi er sá eini sem klárar hlaupið og stendur uppi sem sigurvegari. Til að klára hlaupið verður viðkomandi að klára síðasta hringinn einn. Allir hringir verða ræstir á heila tímanum og er mikilvægt að koma sér á ráslínu tímanlega fyrir hvern hring.
The competition will be in the traditional format of the backyard and depends on a certain installation and rules (http://backyardultra.com/rules/ ). The race is over 6.7km ring per hour. The one who runs most circles is the only one who finishes the race and stands as a winner. To finish the race, they must finish the last lap one alone. Each ring always starts with the whole time and it is important that competitors are in the channel and running when the bell rings over time. Runners who are not in the channel in the whole time when the ring is started are judged from the competition. After each circle, the time left of the hour can be used to rest and prepare for the next lap. The total distance runner that finishes 24 laps (24 hours) is 100 miles (160.8km).
Terms of payment
Verðið í hlaupið er greitt við skráningu.
Hlaupið endurgreiðir ekki skráningargjaldið. Nafnabreytingar verða leyfðar til og með 9. september.
The age limit for the race is 18 years.
See more general rules in backyard races: http://backyardultra.com/rules/. http://backyardultra.com/rules/.
Competitors will receive detailed information about the arrangements and rules by e-mail.
- Running bib and time registration - Aid station with plenty of food as long as someone is still in the race - Participant medal Rewards for all who finish 4 loops or more.
- Race number and timing: You run as many laps as you want. The race ends when only one runner completes a lap. Refreshments and refreshments at the drinking station all the time. Hot meals every 4 hours while you are still in the race. Participation recognition There will be a good drinking station and facilities for runners in the Mjölnisheimil. Emphasis will be placed on a fun and lively setting throughout the day. The staff and volunteers of Náttúrhlaupi will be available to participants during the rest period.
- Hot meals every 4 hours while you are still in the race.
- Participation recognition
- There will be a good drinking station and facilities for runners in the Mjölnisheimili. Emphasis will be placed on a fun and lively setting throughout the day. The staff and volunteers of Náttúrhlaup will be available to participants during the rest period.
Race Route from Skógar to Volcano HUTS
Participation-/DNF recognition for all participants. The person who completes the Backyard Race will receive an impressive prize and recognition.
There will be a drinking station and facilities for runners at Elliðavatnsbær. Emphasis will be placed on a fun and lively setting throughout the day. The staff and volunteers of Náttúrhlaup will be available all day for participants during the rest period.
Skráningu lýkur á miðnætti 9. september að því gefnu að hlaupið verði ekki orðið fullt. Skráningargjöld verða ekki endurgreidd en hægt að gera nafnabreytingar til og með 9. september.