Iceland Backyard Ultra Heiðmörk
Everyone can take part in the Bakgarðshlaup. You only need to trust yourself to go 6.7 km in one hour. How often you do that depends on you!
Iceland Backyard Ultra
The Iceland Backyard Ultra (Bakgarður Náttúruhlaupa) will take place September 17th 2022. The Iceland Backyard Ultra follows the conventional rules of Backyard Ultras: (http://backyardultra.com/rules/). A new loop of 6.7 km starts every hour on the hour. It's crucial that all who intend to continue with the next loop are at the starting line when the final bell rings. The participant that runs most loops and finishes the last loop by himself, is the winner. Everybody else gets a DNF!
This race is not about speed. The emphasis is on enjoying the nature and the company. There will be a unique atmosphere after each loop. The last person to leave the party wins 😀
Backyards are a special kind of ultra runs where participants need to finish running 6706 meters (4,167 miles) within the hour. Each loop starts at the hour and after the runners finish a loop they can use the remaining time to rest and prepare for the next loop. The winner is the last person to complete a loop. If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner. The total distance for a runner that finishes 24 loops (24 hours) is 100 miles (160.8 km).
Terms of payment
Full price: 12.900 kr.
Registration fee will not be refunded but runners can change the name of their registration.
The age limit for the race is 18 years (16-17 years with a guardian).
See more general rules in backyard races: http://backyardultra.com/rules/. http://backyardultra.com/rules/.
Competitors will receive detailed information about the arrangements and rules by e-mail.
Arrangements and rules can be based on the current Covid-19 meeting restrictions on race day.
What is included?
- - Running bib and time registration - Aid station with plenty of food as long as someone is still in the race - Participant medal Rewards for all who finish 4 loops or more.
- Hressing og veitingar á drykkjarstöð allan tímann.
- Heitar veitingar á 4 klst fresti á meðan þú ert ennþá í keppninni.
- Veitingar fyrir aðstoðarmenn keppenda sem eru ennþá í keppninni eftir kl. 18:00.
- Góð drykkjarstöð og aðstaða fyrir hlaupara verður í Mjölnisheimilinu. Lögð verður áhersla á skemmtilega og fjöruga umgjörð allan daginn. Starfsfólk og sjálfboðaliðar Náttúruhlaupa verða til taks fyrir þátttakendur í hvíldartímanum.
The competition route
All participants in the Iceland Backyard Ultra will receive a certificate with their loops and final distance registered as well as a participant medal. Everybody who finishes 8 loops (53,6km) or more receives an award. The winner of the Iceland Backyard Ultra will be uniquely rewarded!
Drykkjarstöð og aðstaða fyrir hlaupara verður við Elliðavatnsbæ. Lögð verður áhersla á skemmtilega og fjöruga umgjörð allan daginn. Starfsfólk og sjálfboðaliðar Náttúruhlaupa verða til taks allan daginn fyrir þátttakendur í hvíldartímanum.
Skráningu lýkur á miðnætti 1. september að því gefnu að hlaupið verði ekki orðið fullt. Skráningargjöld verða ekki endurgreidd en hægt að gera nafnabreytingar.
- Full price: KR 12.900
- Náttúruhlaup's annual subscribers receive a 10% discount
What is included?
- Running bib and time registration
- Aid station with plenty of food as long as someone is still in the race.
- Participant medal Rewards for all who finish 4 loops or more.